Dégaine is a two-sided countdown timer.
I initially built it to help tracking time when giving a conference or facilitating a workshop. The remaining time is displayed on both side making it easily available to everyone in the room.
- Countdown timer duration from 0 to 99 minutes (default set to 45 minutes).
- By default, both sides display the same information.
- The display color changes to mark 50%, 90% and 100% time elapsed.
- By default, time is displayed both side. But it can be configured to only appears on one side.
- full arduino nana available by opening the casing.
- a single button that can be turn and push.
The entire project (source code, box plan and electronic diagram) is under an open source license and available on gitlab.
Contributions are welcome and playing with the platform is strongly encouraged.
building and building time
Dégaine is handmade by me in my workshop on demand. Depending on whether I have the components in stock and other projects in progress, manufacturing times can vary from a few days to 2 months.
- power supply: it requires a 5v 500mA power supply with microUSB connector. The power supply is not provided.
- wifi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4gHz only)
- dimension : 152mm x 100mm x 33mm
- poids : 195g
- casing and internal structure are made of birch plywood
- the light diffuser (between leds and letters) is made of recycled paper